The Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA) is an important engine for China’s future economic development. Harboring a vital world-class manufacturing base, an important international finance, shipping & trade center and a leisure and tourism center, Guangdong has had the strongest economic performance of all Chinese provinces for 34 consecutive years.
Did you know Guangdong is the No.1 producer of 5G cell phones and home electronics in the world? Discover the province’s strategic innovation stronghold in 5G, integrated circuits, nanotechnology and biomedicine. The BCECC is glad to be able to offer the opportunity to meet 25 high-level officials as well as 49 business representatives from Guangzhou, Foshan, Yangjiang and Zhuhai during our event “China (Guangdong) – Belgium Economic and Trade Cooperation Conference” on September 8, 2023 at 09:30 CET.
The delegation will be led by Mr. Lin Keqing, Chairman of the Guangdong Provincial Committee of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC). To consult all of the visiting delegation members, please click here. For an overview of the participating companies, please click here.
- Opening remarks by Mr. Bernard Dewit, Chairman of the Belgian-Chinese Chamber of Commerce (BCECC)
- Speech by H.E. Mr. Cao Zhongming, Chinese Ambassador to Belgium
- Keynote speech by Mr. Lin Keqing, Chairman of the Guangdong Provincial Committee of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC)
- Introduction of the investment environment of Guangzhou, Zhuhai, Yangjiang and Foshan by
- Ms. Chen Jiansha, Director of the Guangzhou Municipal Commerce Bureau
- Mr. Li Zhong, Vice Mayor of the Zhuhai Municipal People`s Government
- Mr. Yang Wenlong, Chairman of the CPPCC Yangjiang City Committee
- Mr. Luo Junyu, Deputy District Chief of The People’s Government of Sanshui District of Foshan
- Introduction of the investment environment of Belgium by Mr. René Branders, Chairman of the Federation of Belgian Enterprises (FEB)
- Company testimonials by
- Mr. Piet Gruwez, CEO of Plastiflex
- Mr. Patrick Hollenfeltz, General Manager of ECDC Logistics S.A.
12:00-14:00: Free exchanges and Networking lunch
Tangla Hotel Brussels
Avenue Emmanuel Mounier 5 Emmanuel Mounierlaan
Free of charge, but registration is mandatory