Why is Hainan Free Trade Port so attractive for foreign businesspeople? The BCECC, the Institute for China-Europe Studies (ICES), the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT) and Bank of China (Europe) S.A. Brussels Branch will be organizing our hybrid event “Doing Business with the World’s Largest Free Trade Port” on April 20, 2023 at 10:00 CET (16:00 CST).
Discover Hainan FTP’s unique business environment during our panel discussion and find out all about the major policy and financial incentives for foreign businesses and their implications for the European business community.
10:00-10:15 : Welcoming remarks by
- Mr. Yang Li, Executive Director of Institute for China-Europe Studies (ICES)
- Mr. Zhao Feng, Deputy Chief Representative, Representative Office in the EU (Belgium), CCPIT
10:15-10:40: Keynote speeches by
- Mr. Peng Gang, Minister in charge of Economic & Commercial Affairs of the Chinese Mission to the EU
- Mr. Bernard Dewit, Chairman of the Belgian-Chinese Chamber of Commerce ( BCECC)
- Mr. Wang Sheng, Senior Advisor on Hainan Free Trade Port program of ICES & President of NISCSS, Hainan
10:40-11:40: Panel discussion, moderated by Mr. Bernard Dewit of the BCECC with panelists:
- Ms. Amelia Si, Senior Consultant Government & Public Service of Deloitte Consulting (Hainan) Ltd.
- Mr. Wang Fanghong, Senior Research Fellow of Bank of China, Hainan Financial Institute
- Mr. Wim Poot, Executive Vice-President of PB Leiner
- Mr. Luc Arnouts, Vice-President International Relations & Networks of Port of Antwerp-Bruges
- Mr. Yu Tao, Director of the Research Center for Hainan Free Trade Port, NISCSS
11:40-11:50: Q&A session
11:50-11:55: Closing Remarks by Ms. Sophie Zhuang, General Manager, Bank of China (Europe) S.A. Brussels branch
12:00: Lunch Buffet
Froissartstraat 95 Rue Froissart
Free of charge, but registration is mandatory