On June 1, 2020, Chinese authorities released the Overall Plan for the Construction of Hainan Free Trade Port (“the Masterplan”), a large-scale plan to transform the entire island province into a Free Trade Port (FTP) – making it the largest special economic zone in China and an important node on the Maritime Silk Road, as part of the Belt and Road Initiative.
The overall goal is to liberalize the cross-border flows of trade, people and investment and to create a major international market which is easily accessible for foreign companies. In order to achieve this, Hainan will adopt special policies, such as lower import duties, lower company taxes, favorable personal income taxes and less strict visa requirements for tourists and business people.
In this context, the China International Consumer Products Expo or Hainan Expo will be held from 7 to 10 May 2021. The expo highlights the island’s and China’s opening-up to the world and aims to offer new business opportunities to foreign companies.
Interested in discovering more about the Hainan region and the opportunities of Hainan Expo for boosting your international business? You need information about cross border e-commerce and how to market your products in China? You want to meet Chinese business partners?
Voka Mechelen-Kempen Chamber of Commerce & Industry (CCI) and the Belgian-Chinese Chamber of Commerce (BCECC) are happy to invite you to a 3-day virtual trade mission with a very diverse and valuable program from 24 to 26 March 2021.
- Day 1: Webinar on cross-border e-commerce
- Legislation, operational, commercial and financial aspects of CBEC by Green Emerald Consulting
- Marketing and branding when using Cross Border e-Commerce by WeChat & China Marketing Specialist of IPWS
- Testimonial by DM Lights and Horsten International
- Q&A session
- Day 2: Virtual presentations on Hainan Free Trade Port and Hainan Expo
- Speech by Hainan Provincial Bureau of International Economic Development (IEDB)
- Testimony about the business in Hainan region by Flanders Investment & Trade
- Presentation on the beneficial policies of Hainan Free Trade Port by Hainan Provincial Bureau of International Economic Development (IEDB)
- Introduction of China International Consumer Products Expo by CMEC International Exhibition Co., Ltd
- Virtual tour of the Hainan Free Trade Port and Hainan Expo
- Company testimonials
- Day 3: Virtual B2B Matchmaking event
- Digital B2B matchmaking meetings of 40 minutes per meeting
- Four B2B contacts per company in the morning from 08 – 12 AM for a one-on-one meeting
- Please communicate your business needs beforehand, and we’ll match you to the right company.
Please click here to consult the full agenda of the virtual trade mission:
BCECC-Members and Voka-Members:
€295 (VAT Excl.)
€395 (VAT Excl.)
The webinar will be held on Zoom (link will be sent out to the participants upon registration).
Please click here for the recap of this event: https://bcecc.be/recap-of-bceccs-virtual-trade-mission-to-hainan/