On the occasion of the Belgian Economic Mission to China, presided over by HRH Princess Astrid of Belgium, Representative of HM the King, the Belgian-Chinese Chamber of Commerce (BCECC) and BNP Paribas Fortis are pleased to invite you to the first breakfast event of the week-long mission on November 18, 2019.
Under the theme “Business environment outlook, challenges & opportunities” we bring together quality guest speakers and important players in the Belgian and Chinese economy to debate on the current situation of doing business with China and lay out their views on which path business will take in the near future.
07:00 Registration & breakfast buffet
07:20 Welcome by Mr. Didier Beauvois, Member of the Executive Board and Head of Corporate Banking – BNP Paribas Fortis
07:25 Opening words by HE Mr. Didier Reynders, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs and European Affairs, and of Defense
07:35 Keynote on the outlook for the Chinese economy by Mr. Ulrich Weigl, Head of Trade and Investment Section – Delegation of the EU to China
07:50 Panel discussion on opportunities and challenges of doing business in China moderated by Mr. Bernard Dewit, Chairman – Belgian-Chinese Chamber of Commerce (BCECC)
- Mr. Alexis Brouhns, Senior Executive Vice President Corporate Government Affairs and Country Management – Solvay SA
- Mr. Didier Malherbe, Vice President UCB & General Manager – UCB Belgium
- Mr. Johan Potargent, CEO – AMS Belgium
- Mr. Kristian Vanderwaeren, Administrator General – General Administration of Customs and Excise
- Mr. Bruno Weill, Group Representative China – BNP Paribas
08:25 Concluding remarks by Mr. Bernard Dewit, Chairman – Belgian-Chinese Chamber of Commerce (BCECC)
Kempinski Hotel – Jade Ballroom A
50 Liangmaqiao Rd
By invitation only.