As you might know, Wallonia and Hubei Province, which is currently facing a major health crisis, have been twinned since 2012 and are linked by economic, social and cultural projects.
The Hubei Charity Federation and the Chinese Red Cross are looking for special protection equipment for hospitals in this province where the Coronavirus outbreak originated from.
Cainiao (Alibaba), who handles flights from Liège Airport to China, has sent out a call for material donation for hospitals located in Hubei this weekend.
Wallonie-Bruxelles International, Wallonie-Belgique Tourisme, AWEX and Liège Airport, with the support of the Walloon Government and the Belgian-Chinese Chamber of Commerce (BCECC), are calling for your aid.
What to do if you want to donate material and equipment?
- Needed material (photos and full list) :
Protection equipment : N95 mask, full-body suits, protective goggle, latex gloves
The brand name, the specification and the model number are required. The material has to comply with international standards.
- The material can be ordered at specialized suppliers (a list can be provided if needed)
- A donation form will have to be filled in together with a list of material. Should you want to help, do not hesitate to contact our colleagues at AWEX or Liège Airport to discuss the practicalities:
– AWEX in Belgium Prescillia TANG +32.422.214.171.124 firstname.lastname@example.org Wechat ID : prescilliatang
– Liège Airport Dongqing ZHANG +32.485.81.51.05 email@example.com Wechat ID dongqingeuchina
– AWEX Shanghai Lilas LIN +86.137.0172.2066 firstname.lastname@example.org Wechat ID : lilaslin
- The material will be centralized and stored at Sinotrans at Liège Airport. After that Cainiao (Alibaba) has checked the filled-in documents, the goods will be sent directly to Hubei Province by medical air cargo.
- The formalities and paperwork in regards to the transportation, customs clearance in Belgium and China will be handled by Cainiao (Alibaba) and the Chinese authorities. Hence, there is no additional cost excepting the cost of the material.
The Embassy of P.R. China in Brussels and the Investment Promotion Agency of Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China (CIPA) give their full support to this initiative.
We would like to thank in advance for your help !