Brussels Invest & Export, Agoria, the Belgian Finance Club, and Software.Brussels are proud to co-organize a Belgian economic mission in financial technologies to China.
Dates : Sunday 22 April to Saturday 28 April 2018.
Where to? The fintech mission will visit Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, and Shenzhen.
Which companies should participate at the mission?
Companies active in financial technologies, and interested in, involved with or active in the China market, and seeking new business opportunities or an expansion of their business. The economic mission is open to all Belgium-based companies.
Why should you participate?
China is a world leader in fintech
- China processes 11 times more mobile payments than the US (790 billion USD in China vs 74 billion USD in the US), using new mobile payment systems like WeChat Pay and Alipay.
- Chinese banks are actively pursuing cooperation with the digital disrupters.
- Chinese fintech companies are looking for expansion abroad and need overseas partners
- China is still facing challenges, and cybersecurity is one of the biggest
- China’s firms specialize in a wide variety of fields including IT, date analytics, capital markets, risk control, business operation, finance and tax management, venture capital, and entrepreneurial guidance.
China as leading global force in the digital economy
- China has 42% of global e-commerce
- China is home to one third of the world’s unicorns
- The BAT companies (Baidu, Alibaba and Tencent) created a rich digital ecosystem growing beyond them.
What to expect from the economic mission?
You can expect seminars, B2B meetings, networking opportunities, and collective company visits, in order for you to understand the market, the technology needs, and explore and identify business opportunities.
The seminars will be organised by Brussels Invest & Export in cooperation with local partners. High-level leaders from prominent fintech companies will be invited as speaker. There will also be a chance to go into depth during a panel discussion and Q&A sessions.
The B2B meetings will be arranged by Brussels Invest & Export possibly in cooperation with local partners, depending upon your needs and profile.
The networking opportunities will allow you to have an in-depth discussion with possible business partners, local experts, consultants, and stake holders.
The collective company visits will be part of the collective program. Leading fintech companies will be invited to welcome the delegation at their offices.
Why should Chinese fintech companies show interest in a cooperation with a Belgian fintech company?
Belgium is an international hub where finance meets high tech
- Frontrunner in payment technology & quick adaptor to mobile and online banking
- International financial ecosystem with Swift, BNY Mellon, and Euroclear, Euronext, and many others
- Fintech innovation cluster with investment funds, entrepreneurs, business partners, research centres, and accelerators
- One of the wealthiest regions in the world, with a robust economy and a growing population and market
Who are the organisers of the Belgian economic mission?
- Brussels Invest & Export is the trade and investment promotion agency of the Brussels-Capital Region of Belgium.
- Agoria is Belgium’s largest employers’ organisation and trade association with up to 2000 members companies active in 8 markets among which financial services technology solutions.
- Belgian Finance Club is a non-profit organisation established in 2009 by a consortium of banking and finance professionals in order to promote the Belgian financial markets.
- Brussels is the software cluster of the Brussels-Capital Region gathering 250 Brussels-based companies.
The economic mission has also received the support from the following Belgium-based organisations: Fintech Belgium, B-Hive, Startups.be, and the Belgian-Chinese Chamber of Commerce.
What about the practical details?
Practical information about flight schedule, hotel, program, etc. will follow shortly.
The estimated total cost for the hotel accommodation and the trip in economy class is about 2 000 EUR, part of the travel expenses being covered by regional subsidies.
How to register and secure your seat on the plane?
Registration cost: 300 EUR (100 EUR for companies with fewer than 250 employees)
Program & registration (Deadline: 1 February 2018) on: Click here for FR / Click here for NL
NOTE: Registration is subject to availabilities.
More information: Victor Dulait Area Manager – Export – East Asia: email@example.com